This ain't your grandma’s anti-nuke campaign.
Global Zero is the international movement for a world without nuclear weapons. Powered by a group of 300 eminent world leaders, a high-impact grassroots action corps and hundreds of thousands of members online, we’re challenging the 20th century idea of basing security on threats of mass destruction. We leverage cutting-edge policy analysis, grassroots mobilization, sophisticated media outreach and direct dialogue with governments to make the elimination of nuclear weapons an urgent global imperative.
U.S. Field Organizer
Global Zero is hiring a full-time U.S. Field Organizer to help lead Global Zero’s campaign and volunteer mobilization efforts in key markets across the country. An innovative, charismatic leader, the U.S. Field Organizer will execute trainings, develop grassroots partnerships, manage volunteers and lead direct actions to resist President Trump’s reckless nuclear agenda.
This exciting, challenging position is the perfect fit for someone with strong public speaking abilities, volunteer management experience and a passion for building social movements. The ideal candidate will have a knack for making global issues feel local and is comfortable building relationships with students, partners and community leaders. They are results driven and know how to make things happen in a fast-paced environment. Above all else, they’re an organizer at heart, and can inspire people to turn out anywhere, anytime.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders at key colleges and target communities across the country as part of Global Zero’s Action Corps Program;
- Execute Global Zero’s campus and community organizing efforts with an emphasis on mass trainings, escalation and locally-targeted movement building;
- Build intersectional grasstops and organizational partnerships at the local and regional level;
- Direct local targeting, advocacy and lobbying of key decision-makers;
- Guide and promote the work of volunteer leaders by developing campaign materials, running online trainings and calls, conveying campaign priorities via phone and email, and the tracking and reporting of metrics;
- Plan and execute large scale mobilizations to draw media and public attention to the threat nuclear weapons pose; and
Mobilize rapid response actions at the scale of the crisis
- At least 1 year of organizing and advocacy experience in college or otherwise
- Strong interpersonal skills and political savvy
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a member of an international team
- Training and volunteer management experience
- Knowledge of how to organize locally on campus and community
- Ability to produce under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job. This includes frequent travel, occasionally intense hours and bending for & carrying boxes of campaign chum up to 30 pounds, and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience conceiving, planning and/or executing direct actions
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Genuine passion and interest for Global Zero’s issues and priorities
- Connection to West Coast organizations and networks
- Full-time, permanent position with competitive salary and amazing benefits
- Significant leadership opportunities in a fast-paced organization
- Based on the West Coast (Bay Area preferred)
- Flexible and occasionally intense hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Frequent travel (up to 50%)
Global Zero is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and LGBTQ people to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter as a single pdf to Zack Deutsch-Gross at email@example.com, with “US Field Organizer” in the subject line. Please note in your email where you saw this posting. Priority deadline is March 31, but the position will be open until filled.