This ain't your grandma’s anti-nuke campaign.
Keeping pace with the growing movement for a world without nuclear weapons demands administrative efficiency and doggedness in the face of ongoing operational and program needs. We’re looking for a highly dependable and responsible self-starter to support the work of our Operations Manager and Programs team in cultivating Global Zero’s organizational stability and expansion. This role is well suited for someone who is curious and detail-oriented, loves a good spreadsheet, and is excited by figuring out how things work - and helping to make them better.
Core job duties and responsibilities
- Provide highly-organized support to both the Operations Manager and Programs team with records management, maintaining database and information systems, utilizing CRMs and tracking communications;
- Oversee office management and supply inventory, and proactively address needs to maintain a pleasant and productive workspace;
- Serve as gatekeeper and professional face of the organization when fielding incoming inquiries from vendors, stakeholders, and the general public;
- Provide basic IT troubleshooting and support (bonus if you have real IT chops, but as a starting place be able to restart the router or call the internet provider)
- Work closely with both Operations Manager and Programs team on special projects and research such as fundraising registration, profiling potential donors and supporters, or HR benefits;
- Assist with bookkeeping of all financial transactions in compliance with accounting best practices, including but not limited to completion and review of expense reports and registration forms, as well as compile, scan and organize accompanying documentation;
- Regularly communicate with employees, consultants, vendors, service providers, and state agencies;
- Assists in tracking all donor communications including acknowledgements, and maintain current materials for distribution to donors and supporters;
- Assists in the planning and execution of local, regional and international programs and events;
- Physical demands may include bending for and carrying items up to 30 pounds; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with administration and operations, preferably at a non-profit;
- A track record of successfully managing multiple priorities and the ability to work with clear direction and minimal supervision;
- Experience with invoicing and reimbursements, bookkeeping, customer relations and basic HR management processes;
- Trustworthy and good sense of discretion when interacting with potentially sensitive data;
- Meticulous and organized;
- Solid research skills; and
- Proficient in database software such as Microsoft Excel.
Desired but not necessary
- Familiarity with programs such as Intuit QuickBooks, Salesforce or Salsa;
- Basic budget and accounting skills and/or degree in Business or Business Administration.
- Salary competitive for nonprofits in Washington, D.C.;
- Benefits include paid time off (5 weeks of vacation plus holidays, sick leave and parental leave), good health insurance at no cost to employees, commuting benefits, monthly cell phone reimbursement, generous employer contribution to 403(b) retirement plan, and professional development for all staff;
- Critical role in a rapidly growing, cutting-edge, international movement with opportunities for advancement;
- Full-time position based in Washington D.C.; and
- Flexible and occasionally intense hours including the rare evenings and weekends, to accommodate a team across multiple time zones and a rigorous campaign.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and position is open until filled, ideally by April 1. Global Zero is an equal opportunity employer, and especially encourages people typically underrepresented in similar roles to apply.